|Playthrough Dates||May 2022, in progress|
This is the page for my fifth Skyrim playthrough, for the character Faanshi of the Khajiit.
I began this playthrough immediately concluding the one for Ysani Demers, on 5/9/2022, with the following goals:
- More Thieves Guild, stereotypical that might be for a Khajiit
- Spellsword action, with intentions for both sneaking and archery
Both prior characters of this name were innocent-natured, supremely powerful healers. I expect to maintain at least a bit of that with this character.
Faanshi was previously working for the Thalmor, as an informant. But she had a love interest who was starting to speak out against the idea that the Thalmor had been responsible for bringing back the moons, and since the Void Nights were a huge deal in Elsweyr, the Thalmor did not hesitate to proclaim “RAR HERESY” and target her loved one for death.
He had to go into hiding to escape Thalmor arrest, and they demanded of her that she rat him out. Faanshi refused.
She and her love interest had to escape Elsweyr in a trading cavern–but unfortunately, once that caravan reached Skyrim, it was overrun by bandits. In the ensuing melee, Faanshi’s love interest as well as the rest of the traders were killed. Faanshi managed to critically wound the bandit that killed her beloved, just as the Imperial detachment showed up to put an end to the fight on both sides. While the wounded bandit played dead to avoid capture, all the remaining survivors, including Faanshi, were arrested. Which is how she wound up in Helgen about to be executed!
That wounded bandit survived long enough for their kin to sic the Dark Brotherhood on Faanshi as well. (Which is why, in her first six sessions, she had both an encounter with the Dark Brotherhood and a Thalmor execution squad!)
As a result, this means Faanshi is nursing a snarling hatred towards both the Thalmor and bandits. Which will influence my play choices with her.
I also see her love interest as having borne a coincidental resemblance to M’aiq the Liar–which screws with Faanshi every time she sees him, as she’s not sure whether she’s hallucinating M’aiq or not. And I’m not even seeing her as a skooma addict! So she’s probably having some PTSD, and a side helping of wondering if she’s been touched by the Skooma Cat, Sheggorath himself.
Here are all the posts about Faanshi’s playthrough! These are dynamically updated, so a new post should appear here when it goes up. They’re listed in descending date order, so the newest posts should always appear first. Also, note the pagination controls after the first five posts. You can page through to see the older ones.
- Final Thoughts on Faanshi’s Skyrim Run - 12/08/2022The obligatory Final Thoughts wrapup post for Faanshi's run in Skyrim!
- In Which Faanshi Defeats Ahzidal, Miraak and Alduin - 12/08/2022In which Faanshi defeats Miraak in Apocrypha, the dragon priest Ahzidal at Kolbjorn Barrow, and Alduin at the Throat of the World and in Sovngarde.
- In Which Faanshi Does More Side Questing - 12/05/2022In which Faanshi quests into White Ridge Barrow and Benkongerike in search of Black Books; and in which she assists the scholar Tharstan in Vahlok's Tomb.
- In Which Faanshi Gains a Hoard and Some Stalhrim - 12/02/2022In which Faanshi once again clears Kolbjorn Barrow of draugr; acquires the hoard of Haknir Death-Brand; discovers the werebear Torkild; slays a dragon near Raven Rock; and mines a great deal of stalhrim at the new stalhrim source.
- In Which Faanshi Signs On With the Rieklings - 11/26/2022In which Faanshi drives the Thalmor off from Northshore Landing and recovers the stalhrim map; finds more Deathbrand armor; learns how to make netch leather armor; and aids the rieklings in keeping their hold on Thirsk Mead Hall.
Faanshi’s screenshot galleries can be found on the Faanshi Screenshots page.