|Game||Elder Scrolls Online|
|Playthrough Dates||May 2023, in progress|
|Platform||Steam Deck, macOS|
This is the page for my second Elder Scrolls Online playthrough, for the character Marwyth of the Dark Elves.
I began this playthrough in May 2023. As with my Gyllerah playthrough, Marwyth’s run will be primarily on the Steam Deck, but with action on the Mac if I want to run group activities with my Guild, or if I just feel like being on the Mac instead.
Marwyth is not my first Dunmer character, and I was originally going to name her Merawen after the Dunmer I ran in Skyrim. However, somebody had taken that name on ESO already. So I went to Marwyth instead–which means this character is actually named after the same character in my Rebels of Adalonia books that Merawen was named after, since Merawen was that character’s original name, and she was called Marwyth later.
My main goal with this character is to be more of a stealth archer, an archetype I love to play in Skyrim, and I want to get better at the bow in ESO. So I’m intending the bow to be Marwyth’s primary weapon. And I want to learn about running the Nightblade class in general. Whether she winds up being more of a magblade or a stamblade, I don’t know yet. We’ll find out.
I expect to be doing a lot more sneak with her. I don’t actually own the Thieves Guild or Dark Brotherhood DLCs yet, so I can’t commit to having her join either of those groups. But I may consider those as future options for her if I’m able to get the DLCs.
TBD. She may also already have a history of being at odds with the law in Morrowind, and possibly a bit of a heretic in regards to worship of the Tribunal.
Here are all the posts about Marwyth’s playthrough! These are dynamically updated, so a new post should appear here when it goes up. They’re listed in descending date order, so the newest posts should always appear first. Also, note the pagination controls after the first five posts. You can page through to see the older ones.
- In Which Marwyth Quests Across Vvardenfell - 09/15/2023In which Marwyth aids a vigilante called the Scarlet Judge in Suran, and breaks a conspiracy to force immigrants to Vvardenfell into slavery; thwarts a conspiracy to create fake ebony in Balmora; and learns that an Ashlander Ashkan believing himself the Nerevarine may be involved in the loss of divine energy ailing Vivec.
- In Which Marwyth Goes to Vvardenfell - 08/28/2023In which Marwyth comes to the aid of Azura by helping her oracles, and identifies a coming crisis involving other Daedric Princes; travels to Vvardenfell, and helps a canon of Vivec unearth quests in the Andrano Ancestral Tomb; and then must come to the aid of Vivec himself, who is losing his divine energy.
- In Which Marwyth Defeats a Plague-Bringer, and Also Skin-Stealers - 08/11/2023In which Marwyth defeats Magistrix Vox and puts a stop to her plague threat in Deshaan; recovers the Ring of Stendarr's Mercy from the Valley of Blades; solves a murder mystery in Stormhold; and pursues enemy agents creating skin-stealers in Ten-Maur-Wolk.
- In Which Marwyth Saves Sai Sahan and Selfora - 08/04/2023In which Marwyth saves Sai Sahan from the Halls of Torment in Coldharbour; infiltrates No Shira Citadel to learn of the plans of a merchant lord; saves what's left of the town of Selfora after it was destroyed by the vengeful Vox; and helps the Argonians of Silent Mire fight off an attack by slaver pirates.
- In Which Marwyth Saves Mournhold and Helps a Dremora - 07/22/2023In which Marwyth helps fellow thief Quen learn more about her background; fights the Maulborn in Obsidian Gorge and Mournhold; aids Almalexia, and is proclaimed by the goddess to be one of her Hands; and helps the dremora Lyranth fight against the cultists of the Waking Flame.
Marwyth’s screenshot galleries can be found on the Marwyth Screenshots page.