|Playthrough Dates||May 2022, in progress|
This is the page for my fifth Skyrim playthrough, for the character Faanshi of the Khajiit.
I began this playthrough immediately concluding the one for Ysani Demers, on 5/9/2022, with the following goals:
- More Thieves Guild, stereotypical that might be for a Khajiit
- Spellsword action, with intentions for both sneaking and archery
Both prior characters of this name were innocent-natured, supremely powerful healers. I expect to maintain at least a bit of that with this character.
Faanshi was previously working for the Thalmor, as an informant. But she had a love interest who was starting to speak out against the idea that the Thalmor had been responsible for bringing back the moons, and since the Void Nights were a huge deal in Elsweyr, the Thalmor did not hesitate to proclaim “RAR HERESY” and target her loved one for death.
He had to go into hiding to escape Thalmor arrest, and they demanded of her that she rat him out. Faanshi refused.
She and her love interest had to escape Elsweyr in a trading cavern–but unfortunately, once that caravan reached Skyrim, it was overrun by bandits. In the ensuing melee, Faanshi’s love interest as well as the rest of the traders were killed. Faanshi managed to critically wound the bandit that killed her beloved, just as the Imperial detachment showed up to put an end to the fight on both sides. While the wounded bandit played dead to avoid capture, all the remaining survivors, including Faanshi, were arrested. Which is how she wound up in Helgen about to be executed!
That wounded bandit survived long enough for their kin to sic the Dark Brotherhood on Faanshi as well. (Which is why, in her first six sessions, she had both an encounter with the Dark Brotherhood and a Thalmor execution squad!)
As a result, this means Faanshi is nursing a snarling hatred towards both the Thalmor and bandits. Which will influence my play choices with her.
I also see her love interest as having borne a coincidental resemblance to M’aiq the Liar–which screws with Faanshi every time she sees him, as she’s not sure whether she’s hallucinating M’aiq or not. And I’m not even seeing her as a skooma addict! So she’s probably having some PTSD, and a side helping of wondering if she’s been touched by the Skooma Cat, Sheggorath himself.
Here are all the posts about Faanshi’s playthrough! These are dynamically updated, so a new post should appear here when it goes up. They’re listed in descending date order, so the newest posts should always appear first. Also, note the pagination controls after the first five posts. You can page through to see the older ones.
- In Which Faanshi Becomes Thane of Falkreath and Hunts for Hircine - 05/14/2022In which Faanshi becomes thane of Falkreath; slays bandits by Jarl Siddgeir's directive; recovers a lost journal for Runil; recovers a lost sword for Amren; buys a home in Whiterun; and slays a werewolf by command of the Daedric Prince Hircine.
- In Which Faanshi Hunts Bandits and Draugr - 05/14/2022In which Faanshi slays a bandit leader for a Whiterun bounty; is contacted by the Jarl of Falkreath; gains many more spells to defend herself; and explores the secrets of Shroud Hearth Barrow.
- In Which Faanshi Climbs the Seven Thousand Steps - 05/12/2022In which Faanshi ventures to High Hrothgar to answer the summons of the Greybeards; and in which she discovers after that not everyone is eager to embrace her new status as Dragonborn.
- In Which Faanshi Becomes Thane of Whiterun - 05/11/2022In which Faanshi retrieves the Dragonstone from Bleak Falls Barrow; returns the golden dragon claw to Lucan and Camilla; slays the dragon Mirmulnir at the Western Watchtower; and is proclaimed thane of Whiterun.
- In Which Faanshi Escapes the Destruction of Helgen - 05/09/2022In which the Khajiit prisoner Faanshi escapes Imperial execution when a black dragon lays waste to the town of Helgen, and flees to Riverwood with the help of one of her former captors.
Faanshi’s screenshot galleries can be found on the Faanshi Screenshots page.