|Playthrough Dates||August 2022, in progress|
|Platform||PC, Steam Deck|
This page is for my first Morrowind playthrough, begun on 8/7/2022, mostly by way of casually poking around the game to see if I could start learning a bit about it before diving into it for real. I decided to play a Wood Elf named Tembriel, just to keep the same spirit of how my first Skyrim character had also been a Wood Elf!
Goals for this playthrough: real simple. This is my first Morrowind playthrough, and while I know the broad strokes of the plot, I don’t know the details of how to get there or much about the mechanics of the game. So I’m going in with the assumption that I’m going to try to play the same character type I like the most in Skyrim: somebody inclined to archery, stealth, and magic. We’ll see what happens!
I am extremely new to Morrowind, and I’ve been deliberately avoiding trying to read up too much on the UESP wiki, to try to preserve some element of surprise! But what I can piece together about this character’s background comes at least right out of the introduction text that shows up at the start of the game: I’m “a prisoner born on a certain day to uncertain parents”. (I shall ignore the part where the introduction text also says I’m a “he”.)
And Tembriel’s transferred without explanation to a carriage and then a boat, and sent to Morrowind. So this says she clearly did something to piss off the Empire and get myself thrown into prison! She’s a Bosmer, and young and foolish, so let’s say she probably got caught trying to pull off a little light thievery.
So now she’s been sent off to Morrowind and not told a goddamn thing about why she’s there. And they’re releasing her here? Da hell? Well, probably beats being in prison…?
Here are all of Tembriel’s playthrough posts! These are listed in descending chronological order. Note the pagination controls; you can use those to page through to subsequent posts.
You can also browse Tembriel’s posts via her playthrough category link.
- In Which Tembriel Returns to Odirniran - 10/01/2022In which Tembriel attempts but fails to make it all the way through the Urshilaku Burial Caverns, because levitation is hard; and in which she succeeds at returning to Odirniran and defeating the mage there for House Hlaalu.
- In Which Tembriel Visits Some Ashlanders - 09/23/2022In which Tembriel journeys into the Ashlands, to seek out the Urshilaku Camp and find out what she can from them of the Nerevarine prophecies--and what she must do to get the reclusive Ashlanders to trust her.
- In Which Tembriel is Distracted from Her Mission - 09/16/2022In which Tembriel arrives in Khuul, then goes to search for the Ashlander camp she's supposed to contact; confronts hostiles when she gets too close to their campfires; and agrees to help a Redguard man by rescuing his wife from cultists.
- In Which Tembriel Frees Slaves and Slays a Necromancer - 09/12/2022In which Tembriel journeys through the northern part of Vvardenfell; frees slaves in Sha-Adnius; and slays a necromancer at Vas.
- In Which Tembriel Learns the Emperor’s Intentions - 09/11/2022In which Tembriel eliminates the remaining Camonna Tong targeted by Larrius Varro; journeys to Ald'ruhn to question an informant for the Blades; learns from Caius more of what the Emperor wants of her; and dispatches a dangerous killer in Vivec.
Tembriel’s screenshot album can be found on the Tembriel Screenshots page.