|Playthrough Dates||August 2022, in progress|
|Platform||PC, Steam Deck|
This page is for my first Morrowind playthrough, begun on 8/7/2022, mostly by way of casually poking around the game to see if I could start learning a bit about it before diving into it for real. I decided to play a Wood Elf named Tembriel, just to keep the same spirit of how my first Skyrim character had also been a Wood Elf!
Goals for this playthrough: real simple. This is my first Morrowind playthrough, and while I know the broad strokes of the plot, I don’t know the details of how to get there or much about the mechanics of the game. So I’m going in with the assumption that I’m going to try to play the same character type I like the most in Skyrim: somebody inclined to archery, stealth, and magic. We’ll see what happens!
I am extremely new to Morrowind, and I’ve been deliberately avoiding trying to read up too much on the UESP wiki, to try to preserve some element of surprise! But what I can piece together about this character’s background comes at least right out of the introduction text that shows up at the start of the game: I’m “a prisoner born on a certain day to uncertain parents”. (I shall ignore the part where the introduction text also says I’m a “he”.)
And Tembriel’s transferred without explanation to a carriage and then a boat, and sent to Morrowind. So this says she clearly did something to piss off the Empire and get myself thrown into prison! She’s a Bosmer, and young and foolish, so let’s say she probably got caught trying to pull off a little light thievery.
So now she’s been sent off to Morrowind and not told a goddamn thing about why she’s there. And they’re releasing her here? Da hell? Well, probably beats being in prison…?
Here are all of Tembriel’s playthrough posts! These are listed in descending chronological order. Note the pagination controls; you can use those to page through to subsequent posts.
You can also browse Tembriel’s posts via her playthrough category link.
- In Which Tembriel Gets the Rest of Her Glass Armor - 01/16/2023In which Tembriel slays a problematic hunger at the Sarano Ancestral Tomb, and a problematic bandit leader at Sargon; and in which she finishes acquiring a full set of glass armor.
- In Which Tembriel Gets Glass Armor - 12/28/2022In which Tembriel gathers money to outfit herself in the glass armor for sale in Ghostgate, by selling some of the fine items she acquired in the Burial Caverns, and then providing aid to the Mages Guild in Sadrith Mora.
- In Which Tembriel is Not the Nerevarine–Yet - 11/11/2022In which Tembriel recovers the Bonebiter Bow from the Urshilaku Burial Caverns; is proclaimed Clanfriend by the Ashlanders; and advised that she is not the Nerevarine, but could _become_ the Nerevarine; and receives orders to wipe out a Sixth House base.
- In Which Tembriel Does Not Let the Burial Caverns Daunt Her - 11/06/2022In which Tembriel does yet more training, and additional strikes on the Urshilaku Burial Caverns, which allow her to claim more valuable loot from the place in her quest to make it to the bow the Ashlanders wish her to retrieve.
- In Which Tembriel is Stymied by Forgetting to Save - 11/04/2022In which Tembriel takes another run at the Urshilaku Burial Caverns, only for her player to be stymied by forgetting to save her game properly--causing multiple rollbacks. AUGH.
Tembriel’s screenshot album can be found on the Tembriel Screenshots page.