|Game||Elder Scrolls Online|
|Playthrough Dates||September 2022, in progress|
|Platform||Steam Deck, macOS|
This is the page for my first Elder Scrolls Online playthrough, for the character Gyllerah of the High Elves.
I began this playthrough in September 2022, not long after acquiring my Steam Deck. Gyllerah’s playthrough alternates between the Steam Deck and my M1 Mac, depending on what I’m feeling like playing on at any given time.
Gyllerah is also my first official High Elf alt (Luciriel in my Skyrim Together playthrough kinda doesn’t count, even though she existed first, since I’m not doing actual story or RP with her), and named after an elf character created in the backstory history for my Rebels of Adalonia series.
What I know about Gyllerah prior to her starting in Balfiera is this:
She came from a minor diplomatic family stationed in Elsweyr, just high up enough the Altmer social ladder that she had a pretty good idea of how to function in diplomatic capacities, though she was arguably not really upper-class/noble herself. I retconned this in to help explain Gyllerah’s affinity for Khajiit, since my housemate Paul, with whom I’m frequently playing ESO, runs a Khajiit as his main.
It is possible that Gyllerah started exhibiting inborn abilities that would have guided her to joining an order of Stendarr. However, she never got the chance–because she became a victim of the Soulburst.
This rattled her memories around fairly significantly. Her memories of her childhood and adolescence are dim at best, though she managed to retain some functional skills, enough to let her defend herself when she dropped into the cells in Balfiera.
Her perceptions of the flow of time–and perhaps even her place in time–are disrupted. This is my headcanon for how I can play things entirely out of chronological order in ESO! For example, how I can run the entire Summerset plot, meet and befriend Razum’dar, and then see Raz much later on Khenarthi’s Roost and he doesn’t know me at all.
As I’ve proceeded through play, and in particular with ESO’s Main Quest, I’m using that as the headcanon to explain Gyllerah growing more stable in her place in the flow of time–since I, as a player, am trying to be more conscious of playing things closer to a canon chronological order.
Here are all the posts about Gyllerah’s playthrough! These are dynamically updated, so a new post should appear here when it goes up. They’re listed in descending date order, so the newest posts should always appear first. Also, note the pagination controls after the first five posts. You can page through to see the older ones.
- In Which Gyllerah Solves a Staff Problem for the Psijic Order - 08/29/2023In which Gyllerah finishes closing breaches in time for the Psijic Order, and confronts Josajeh over her theft of the Staff of Towers.
- In Which Gyllerah Quests in Deshaan, and Shows Her Zeal for Zenithar - 08/16/2023In which Gyllerah combats the Maulborn in Deshaan, and Daedra loose in the Tribunal Temple in Mournhold; closes a breach in Malak's Maw and cleans up a lot of havoc caused by Covenant Orc forces; finds the remaining pieces of the Staff of Towers for the Psijic Order; and participates in the festival showing devotion to Zenithar.
- In Which Gyllerah Accidentally Unleashes Dragons, But Also Saves Stonefalls - 08/10/2023In which Gyllerah accidentally helps release dragons into Northern Elsweyr (oops); helps a tribe of Ashlanders resolve a dispute between factions of their people; slays a creature rampaging through a plantation and helps the slave uprising there; and saves Stonefalls from being overrun by the second Brother of Strife.
- In Which Gyllerah Saves the Oracles of Azura and Hunts a Demon Weapon - 07/24/2023In which Gyllerah rescues Azura's kidnapped oracles, and helps them uncover signs of a conspiracy by other Daedric princes; and helps Abnur Tharn seek a weapon that might end the Three Banners War.
- In Which Gyllerah Aids the Ebonheart Pact, Hermaeus Mora, and Oracles of Azura - 07/12/2023In which Gyllerah helps the Ebonheart Pact defend itself from the Covenant in Davon's Watch; helps followers of Hermaeus Mora recover stolen artifacts; makes a deal with the Daedric Prince to help him defend Apochrypha; answers the call of Azura to help find missing oracles in her service; and helps protect an abbey of Azura followers from attack by enemy cultists and bandits.
Gyllerah’s screenshot galleries can be found on the Gyllerah Screenshots page.