|Skyrim Anniversary Edition
|PC, Steam Deck
This is the page for my ninth Skyrim playthrough, for the character Finds-The-Way, Argonian, and likely thief and maybe also assassin.
I began this playthrough on 7/8/2023, as part of verifying whether my base Skyrim game was still okay after a disastrous attempt to recover Harrowhark’s playthrough. But I went ahead and decided to play her, with a couple of goals in mind:
- Running with no mods whatsoever, just so I could have Achievements–not a thing I’ve been able to do before
- Playing in German!
Finds is definitely going to join the Thieves Guild, and I will be putting heavy consideration into running the Dark Brotherhood with her, due to the Shadowscales angle I’m working into her backstory.
Like Ysani before her, Finds is named (indirectly) after my character Wayfound from my days on Two Moons MUSH.
Very rough idea for Finds’ backstory is that she’s marsh-born, from a very remote tribe that hasn’t had a Shadowscale born to them in a very long time. But she was born under the sign of the Shadow, and her tribe’s Hist realized she would have to go to Skyrim to find the Dark Brotherhood to receive training there.
As a cover story, she’s also going to cheerfully claim to have relatives working at the Riften docks. Who will very likely conveniently “die” the first time a dragon strafes the place in her run!
Here are all the posts about Finds-The-Way’s playthrough! These are dynamically updated, so a new post should appear here when it goes up. They’re listed in descending date order, so the newest posts should always appear first. Also, note the pagination controls after the first five posts. You can page through to see the older ones.
- In Which Finds-The-Way Quests for the Guild, the Fishery, and the Brotherhood - 01/31/2024In which Finds-The-Way acquires the Gray Cowl of Nocturnal; continues thieving for the Thieves Guild; joins the Dark Brotherhood and carries out her first few contracts; slays a threatening horker near Windhelm; investigates Faldar's Tooth and Yngvild; recovers the Helm of Winterhold, and becomes thane of Winterhold; and takes control of Bloodchill Manor.
- In Which Finds-The-Way Finally Finds the Dark Brotherhood - 01/24/2024In which Finds-The-Way learns how to find an Elder Scroll from a mad mage; slays a wave of frenzied mudcrabs in Dawnstar; is kidnapped by the Dark Brotherhood, and then invited to join them; recovers a lost clan sword from Silverdrift Lair; slays a treacherous Argonian in Ironbind Barrow; and takes out the Summerset Shadows to win access for the Thieves Guild in Windhelm.
- In Which Finds-The-Way Finds an Oblivion Gate - 01/02/2024In which Finds-The-Way quests into the ruins of Rielle--and then into the Deadlands, when she finds an Oblivion Gate.
- In Which Finds-The-Way Slays a Thalmor Assassin and a Cruel Headmistress - 12/14/2023In which Finds-The-Way meets the master of the Greybeards, and is advised on how to learn a Shout to defeat Alduin; finds a Word of Power in Volunruud; acquires some unusual weaponry; slays a Thalmor assassin in, a mad smith, and a cruel headmistress; and acquires dragonplate armor after hunting down a Forsworn renegade at Arcwind Point.
- In Which Finds-The-Way Recovers Her Stray Dog - 12/01/2023In which Finds-The-Way's player does not do a real session, but does spend some time trying to solve the problem of recovering her missing Stray Dog. Pleased to report this was successful! Deets on how in the post.
Finds-The-Way’s screenshot galleries can be found on the Finds-The-Way Screenshots page.