|Skyrim Anniversary Edition
|PC, Steam Deck
This is the page for my tenth Skyrim playthrough, for the Dunmer character Elessir.
Elessir’s playthrough is born out of my attempt to reassess my mods situation after the disastrous attempt to recover Harrowhark’s playthrough. I’m running him concurrently with Finds-The-Way and Kendis.
This marks my first time playing a male character in Skyrim, as well, since I finally got High Poly Heads, KS Hairdos, and RaceMenu working, all of which allowed me to make a male character that didn’t look terrible! And, playing a male character is one of the few things I haven’t tried in the game yet.
This character is named after Elessir a’Natharion, Unseelie mage and singer, who’s one of the major characters in my books Faerie Blood and Bone Walker.
Goals for this run:
- Cover some of the same ground I wasn’t able to do with Harrow’s run before it imploded, which means:
- Running Lucien as a follower
- Running the Thieves Guild for Good Guys mod (though this time I’ll be trying a newer version)
- Running the Dark Brotherhood for Good Guys mod
- Running Beyond Skyrim: Bruma
- Like his namesake, Elessir needs to be a gifted mage, so I’ll be emphasizing using Destruction magic in his combat and will try to get his Illusion up, too.
- Elessir’s namesake is also a skilled musician (and a notoriously snarky Elvis impersonator, LOL), so he will definitely be running the Bards College.
Since the Elder Scrolls franchise doesn’t really have an analogue of the Seelie and Unseelie Court mythos, I can only borrow some of the core ideas from Elessir’s background in my books. Current rough idea is that he’s an exile from a House in Morrowind, fleeing for his life after he failed in an attempt to overthrow his House’s Grandmaster. Who very likely also sicced the Morag Tong on him.
Here are all the posts about Elessir’s playthrough! These are dynamically updated, so a new post should appear here when it goes up. They’re listed in descending date order, so the newest posts should always appear first. Also, note the pagination controls after the first five posts. You can page through to see the older ones.
- In Which Elessir Acquires Auriel’s Bow - 03/01/2024In which Elessir quests into the Forgotten Vale in search of Auriel's Bow, and obtains it after confronting and slaying Arch-Curate Vyrthur.
- In Which Elessir Recovers a Third Elder Scroll and Confronts Alduin - 02/29/2024In which Elessir recovers the Elder Scroll from Mzark in Blackreach; encounters Hermaeus Mora at Septimus Signus' outpost; confronts Alduin on the Throat of the World; and quests into Ancestor Glade to find the location of Auriel's Bow.
- In Which Elessir Investigates Serpent’s Trail and Alftand - 02/07/2024In which Elessir seeks several Dwemer schematics for Sorine of the Dawnguard, including at the Serpent's Trail smuggler lair that leads into Cyrodiil; quests down into Alftand; and reaches Blackreach in his search for the Elder Scroll.
- In Which Elessir Explores the Soul Cairn - 01/26/2024In which Elessir recovers another schematic for Sorine of the Dawnguard; rescues the priest Florentius from Ruunvald; sneaks into Castle Volkihar with Serana; quests through the Soul Cairn to recover another Elder Scroll from Serana's mother; and fights the dragon Durnehviir.
- In Which Elessir Rescues a Vampire and a Moth Priest - 12/19/2023In which Elessir investigates Dimhollow Crypt and frees the vampire Serana; escorts her home to Castle Volkihar; acquires Iron Plate armor after killing the Thalmor who'd claimed it; recruits Sorine and Gunmar for the Dawnguard; begins acquiring schematics for Sorine; and rescues the Moth Priest Dexion Evicus.
Elessir’s screenshot galleries can be found on the Elessir Screenshots page.