This was a short Sunday night session, and mostly just featured buying a bunch of spellbooks and getting another schematic recovered for Sorine.
- Play date: 3/27/2022
- Session number in this run: 62
- Hoofed it from Heljarchen down to Honningbrew, and sold several things to Mallus
- Boinged to the mage college for training
- Revered Dragon as soon as I showed up, LIKE YA DO; killed it in the courtyard with lightning! And Serana threw ice spikes
- Went in after that to the Hall of Countenance; waited a few hours for Faralda to wake up, then bought five rounds of training from her, and a boatload of new Destruction spells I didn’t already have
- Also bought a few Restoration spells from Colette
- Boinged from there to Swindler’s Den
- Fought the bandit outside the place and three vampires that showed up; dremora beheaded one of them :O
- Ran the place and got the schematic for Sorine
- Overloaded so quaffed Elixir of Strength to boing back to Fort Dawnguard
- Found Florentius! Bought Stendarr’s Aura and Vampire’s Bane spells from him
- Sold a bunch of loot to Sorine, Gunmar, and Florentius
- Also got the next schematic quest from Sorine, pointing at Raldbthar
- Saved at Fort Dawnguard for the night
Since this was a very short session, with familiar territory, not a huge amount to say here.
The Revered Dragon at the mage college was a courtyard fight this time. And I still gotta giggle at even the higher tier dragons insisting on landing in that courtyard and putting themselves in range of projectile weapons and offensive spells. You’d think that the dragons would be smart enough to actually get go “yeah maybe this courtyard I barely fit in, full of hostile people who are shooting at me from multiple directions, is not the best strategic choice I could make here.”
But yeah well. 😀
I was slightly alarmed to hear Onmund throw off a grunt of effort at some point during the battle. I didn’t actually see him joining the fight, but since I did hear him, I made a point afterwards of hunting around to make sure he was okay. Answer: yes! Found him back in the Hall of Attainment after the fight was over.
Enthir and Nirya were both standing around in the courtyard witnessing the dragon’s death. I likewise don’t know if they actually joined the fight either. Hard to tell when I’m focused on actually fighting the dragon myself!
Very profitable visit though in terms of spells purchased. Got a whole bunch of higher-tier Destruction spells from Faralda, and a few higher-tier Resurrection spells from Colette as well. And throwing money at Faralda for training also let me make progress on the Destruction training too.
Swindler’s Den was slightly more exciting than anticipated, just because of the three vampires that jumped me when I fast traveled in.
Also nice to get the other spells from Florentius, too. Loves me some Stendarr’s Aura. I’ll have to see about trying out Vampire’s Bane without Serana in the line of fire, though!
Nothing new noted language-wise in this session.
I need to offload a lot more stuff before I head to Ancestor Glade, and from there to the Forgotten Vale. So an inventory check is in order. Probably at Lakeview as that’s closer to Ancestor Glade.
Then it’ll be off to read those Elder Scrolls, and hopefully there on to Darkfall Cave!
No screenshots this time.
Editing to add
- 11/21/2023: Added play date and session number markers.