A lower-key session with my Khajiit, as I wanted to take some time to do a bit of training and gold gathering, before trying more combat again! So I worked on gathering ingredients for quests with Ingun and Balimund (but also bought the hilt of Mehrunes’ Razor).
- Set out from Whiterun to gather some ingredients
- Made it to crossroads by Honningbrew; got two more nirnroot
- Also got a dragon, which I fought along with Lydia and the guards, and an npc I’d never seen before, Wilmuth, who turns out to run Chillfurrow Farm, the one owned by Nazeem the asshole
- Headed north-ish from there overland; did some hunting and practiced Soul Trap on a deer once I finally shot one down
- Leveled up to 28; took Magicka bump; took first Bladesman perk in One-handed
- Ran into two bandits hassling Talsgar the Wanderer; took out the bandits with Lydia + atronach
- Then my game locked up and I had to restart 🙁
- But oh good I didn’t lose much, still had the level up; thrown back to the deer
- Decided to head back to Whiterun so I could sell the dragon bits
- Found hunter who’d been bitten by a vampire, so gave her a Cure Disease potion, got 100 gold
- Made it back to Whiterun; did a bit of crafting and selling, including the dragon bits
- Boinged to Morthal; picked up the nirnroot there by the pond, also assorted deathbell
- Bought the hilt of the Razor from Jorgen
- Tried to hunt through the marsh for more deathbell; killed a few frostbite spiders but got killed by a chaurus reaper, ouch
- Thrown back to coming out of Morthal
- New plan! Boinged to Solitude; collected a bunch of nightshade there by wandering around the city
- Finished off the deathbell by visiting Angeline’s shop; also bought some nirnroot from her, and got her quest to go talk to Captain Aldis
- Boinged from there to Falkreath; collected enough nightshade to finish that set off too
- Boinged from there to Lakeview; grabbed the nirnroot from the pond nearby
- Planted a few things in the garden
- Made a couple sets of leather bracers to get a point of Smithing
- Boinged to Half-Moon Mill; bought three rounds of logs to replenish my logs supply; this time got a really good look at Hert, and yep she is TOTES A VAMPIRE
- Boinged back to Lakeview and finished building out the main house structure
- Dropped off assorted building materials back in the chest
- Saved for the night
Since this was a very low-key session, not too much new to report here. The two things that were kind of new that I want to remark on are:
- I don’t think I’ve actually ever seen Wilhelm before? He’s apparently the NPC that runs Chillfurrow Farm for Nazeem, the stuck-up Redguard who snarks about you never visiting the Cloud District in Whiterun.
- I knew Hert at Half-Moon Mill was a vampire because I’ve looked her up on the wiki. But I think this was perhaps the first time I caught her in direct enough light that I was able to get a good look at her. And once I did that, it was very obvious that she’s a vampire. Apparently she hopes people that come by to purchase logs never notice? Snerk.
And I did go ahead and get the hilt of Mehrunes’ Razor, the easiest piece to get. Getting the other two? That’s going to be more difficult.
I need to find more nirnroot to bring back to Ingun, and I need some more fire salts to bring to Balimund. And I’m feeling vaguely tempted to actually go to Markarth and sell Calcelmo the Dwarven Greatsword of Shocks, finally. If nothing else because running the Forsworn Conspiracy might be something else I can do without having my ass handed to me.