|Game||Skyrim Special Edition|
|Playthrough Dates||October 2021 to January 2022|
This is the page for my third Skyrim playthrough, for the character Delga of the Orsimer.
I began this playthrough immediately concluding the one for Merawen, with the intention of making Delga my character to accomplish two things I didn’t do with either Merawen or Alarrah:
- Join the Companions
- Fight the Imperial side of the war
In terms of game mechanics, Delga was intended to be a tank, specializing in Heavy Armor and Two-Handed weapons. I also envisioned her as an absolute cinnamon roll who just wanted to help everybody, which was my justification for doing every single side favor quest I could get my hands on. 😀
Those of you familiar with She-Ra and the Princesses of Power will understand what I mean when I say that in terms of personality archetype, I was very much inspired by Scorpia!
Like Merawen and Alarrah, Delga is named for a character in my writing–but a story which isn’t actually published yet.
An Orc character was an interesting one to think about in terms of Skyrim’s culture. There are four known Orc strongholds in the game, all of whom treat the player character like a stranger even if you’re playing an Orc. Plus, the start of the game always treats you like you’re coming in from outside of Skyrim. (Unless you’re playing the appropriate mods that let you have alternative starting choices!)
Therefore, I had to assume that Delga was from an Orc stronghold from somewhere outside of Skyrim. I also decided that she was not content with the idea of being married off as a wife to a stronghold chieftain. Which, given that I was imagining Delga as a cinnamon roll type, strongly suggests that the chieftain she was promised to was not a worthy chieftain, to the degree that Delga felt it was better for her to flee rather than to submit to being his wife.
That said, I think she was probably always a little regretful about running off like that, and probably pissing off her family. Which did inform her choices in trying to visit all of the Orc strongholds in Skyrim and help them when she could. She also tried to uphold the Code of Malacath, even though she was an Orc woman living outside her people’s normal culture. But she eventually came to some peace with it, given the whole Dragonborn thing! I suspect that she eventually got to the point of accepting that Malacath had made her what she was, and that she could never have stepped up to save the world from Alduin if she’d stayed in the stronghold where she was born.
Here are all the posts about Delga’s playthrough! They’re listed in descending date order, so the newest posts appear first. Also, note the pagination controls after the first five posts. You can page through to see the older ones.
You can also browse all of Delga’s posts via her playthrough category link.
- In Which Delga Quests through Vahlok’s Tomb and Fahlbtharz - 01/22/2022In which Delga explores Vahlok's Tomb with the scholar Tharstan, and slays the dragon priest Vahlok; and in which she explores the ruin of Fahlbtharz.
- In Which Delga Finds the Hoard of Haknir Death-Brand - 01/21/2022In which Delga finds the hoard of Haknir Death-Brand on Horker Island, and then battles the horkers on the island's other side; and in which she battles dragons and has a passing encounter with a manifestation of Miraak.
- In Which Delga Battles the Dragon Priest of Kolbjorn Barrow - 01/20/2022In which Delga defeats the dragon priest Ahzidal at Kolbjorn Barrow; and in which she visits Windhelm, the Collage of Winterhold, and Riften before bringing her housecarl Iona with her back to Solstheim.
- In Which Delga Clears Highpoint Tower and White Ridge Barrow - 01/19/2022In which Delga fights and slays Ildari Sarothril at Highpoint Tower; in which she explores White Ridge Barrow, and finds another Black Book and a Word Wall within; and in which she fulfills other quests for the people of the Skaal village and Thirsk Mead Hall.
- In Which Delga Clears Yet More Draugr From Kolbjorn Barrow - 01/18/2022In which Delga returns to Kolbjorn Barrow to clear yet more draugr from the excavation at Ralis’ request; in which she kills the bandits at Hrodulf’s House on behalf of the Skaal; and in which she reaches Highpoint Tower to face Neloth’s nemesis Ildari Sarothril.
All of Delga’s screenshots can be found on the Delga Screenshots page.