And now, some catchup in regular Skyrim! I’ve gotten in periodic Shenner sessions while playing a bunch of ESO, advancing her through the Dawnguard plotline when I can.
So here’s a catchup post about going to Ruunvald with her to rescue Florentius, returning to Castle Volkihar and running the Soul Cairn, retrieving schematics for Sorine, and then running Ancestor Glade to get the location of Auriel’s Bow.
I had thought I was going to proceed onward to Forgotten Vale in this session, once I got the location of Auriel’s Bow in Ancestor Glade. I was mistaken! Instead, I ran the rest of Sorine’s “find me a schematic” quests.
This is a double session post again, covering play from Monday 3/28 and Tuesday 3/29. Main action: going to Ancestor Glade, and from there to Darkfall Cave to begin the hunt for Auriel’s Bow!
This is another double session post, covering gameplay done on the night of Sunday the 26th and Monday the 27th! Main goals of these sessions were to do Ancestor’s Glade and the entirety of Forgotten Vale. But there was a hefty side helping of encounters with the Traveler, as well as Double Dragon Surprise!
This session was all about moving the Dawnguard plot along, finishing up adventures in the Soul Cairn and then moving on to Ancestor Glade, to do the necessary ritual to locate Auriel’s Bow. And now we’re getting into my favorite part of the whole Dawnguard quest line!
This was a shorter session, for general Sunday night reasons (night before the work week, also not wanting to try to play Skyrim while watching Columbo). But I did get in a bit more play time last night and moved the Dawnguard plot along a little more!
Highlights and details below.
Major highlights of last night’s Skyrim run:
- Took on the 2nd of three quests to become thane of Falkreath, and recovered a journal for the Altmer priest Runil
- Took on the 3rd of those quests, which involved a little light thievery for former Jarl Dengeir
- Killed not one but two different dragons
- Killed a vampire at the behest of Falkreath’s former Jarl
- Actually became Thane of Falkreath, and gained housecarl #3
- Had Lydia get killed on me three times which was not acceptable, so time to improve her armor
- Did a bit more building of things at Windstad Manor
Details behind the fold!