This session was mostly all about tying up loose ends and whittling down the inventory before I throw myself headlong into looking for Auriel’s Bow in Forgotten Vale. Notably, I got the Oghma Infinium–and also a daughter, as I adopted Sofie of Windhelm!
- Started off at Fort Dawnguard
- Sold Florentius and Gunnar and Sorine all a few things; did a little smithing and made a dwarven crossbow which I then sold to Sorine
- Boinged to Windhelm; got payment again from Kjar for attending to his runaway crewmember
- Adopted Sofie! Sent her to Lakeview
- Got a courier with a letter from Calcelmo, who wanted the crossbow I’d just sold to Sorine, LOL
- Was going to find Silda and pay for Pickpocket training, but realized she must be in the graveyard for the Blood on the Ice plot; didn’t feel like running that, so went to Niranye and sold her a bunch of the remaining stuff I was carrying
- Boinged next to Winterhold by mistake, meant to go directly to the college
- Dropped Staff of Ruunvald off in the Arch-Mage quarter’s chest
- Did a bunch of alchemy till I leveled up to 56; took Magicka bump and next Light Armor perk
- Got five levels of Destruction training with Faralda
- Boinged to Septimus’ outpost; gave him the blood samples so he could open the box
- Oh hey a book–ohnoez he disintegrated
- I’m Mora’s champion now yay…?
- Took Path of Might off the Oghma Infinium, which let me get Smithing to 100, and also level up to 57; took Dragon Smithing perk \0/
- Boinged down to Thieves Guild; took five levels Pickpocket training from Vipir
- Boinged back to Lakeview
- Built dragonscale boots, armor, shield, but ran out of ebony
- Built full set of dragonplate armor and a dragonbone dagger; dropped that off in the armory
- Trudged out and got on the horse to boing to Whiterun
- Bought more ebony from Adrianne; finished the dragonscale set of armor and also made a bow and a sword
- Boinged back to Lakeview once I returned to the horse
- Returned building materials to chests and put away a lot of other things to get down the carry weight, to prep for going to Forgotten Vale
- Saved there for the night
It is comforting to know, in the troubled times that engulf the land, that the people of Skyrim have constants to rely on. Belethor is a weasel. The bards really need more instruments to play. And Calcelmo invariably knows exactly when you buy anything dwarven anywhere.
“Khajiit is impressed at your network of information, but you’re too slow, human. This one made the dwarven crossbow of which you write, and she has already sold it. But for a fair price she will make you another one. Though she is dubious that that would tell you much in your research.”
Also, now I have the first of Faanshi’s designated adoptees: Sofie! I kind of suspect her second one will wind up being one of the kids from the orphanage, once I swing around to having to take out the Dark Brotherhood. And just so I can vary it up a little from Shenner.
Meeting up with Hermaeus Mora again was the major main-plot thing here, as I got as far as obtaining the Oghma Infinium. And since I chose the Path of Might, that let me get more of a boost on Faanshi’s combat skills–I figure she needs that, at Master difficulty. But it also let me reach 100 on Smithing, and that let me unlock Dragon Smithing!
So I spent the rest of the session building out dragon gear. Which will be helpful for hitting Forgotten Vale. 😀
It’s off to Darkfall Cave, and then Forgotten Vale!