This was another session all about the Dawnguard side quests, because I had to chug through a few more to finally get to the last one I wanted to do! With the obligatory side helpings of confronting dragons and bandits, and this time also Thalmor. And more building work on Heljarchen Hall as well.
Plus, Gregor the housecarl is now properly outfitted with his own suit of dragonplate armor, as well as dragonbone weapons. You work for the Dragonborn, you will be outfitted correctly!
Also, this post contains considerable saltiness about the Hide and Seek quest, since I got another round of that. And today’s favorite Skyrim bug: trying to rescue a kidnap victim from vampires, only to discover the kidnap victim has buggered off for home all by herself!
Major highlights of last night’s Skyrim run:
- Took on the 2nd of three quests to become thane of Falkreath, and recovered a journal for the Altmer priest Runil
- Took on the 3rd of those quests, which involved a little light thievery for former Jarl Dengeir
- Killed not one but two different dragons
- Killed a vampire at the behest of Falkreath’s former Jarl
- Actually became Thane of Falkreath, and gained housecarl #3
- Had Lydia get killed on me three times which was not acceptable, so time to improve her armor
- Did a bit more building of things at Windstad Manor
Details behind the fold!