In Which Faanshi Interrupts a Summoning and Acquires Proudspire Manor
Kind of a low key session this time, because I only played for a couple of hours and didn’t have time to do much. Main highlights: finishing running Wolfskull Cave and interrupting the summoning of Potema, and then acquiring Proudspire Manor in Solitude.
- Play date: 7/9/2022
- Session number in this run: 35
- Picked up where i left off in Wolfskull Cave
- And again, not terribly difficult to run when you’re able to summon two dremora; pretty much let them and Lydia clean up the place
- Ritual interrupted!
- Got a little overloaded after getting boss loot, but had potions so it was okay
- Returned to Solitude
- Sold a bunch of loot to Gulum-Ei and Sayma
- Reported to Falk Firebeard to inform him the ritual was dealt with
- Got Elisif’s request to take the horn to the shrine
- Before doing that, boinged to Lakeview
- Did a bunch of smithing and improved several weapons, and made some items to sell as well
- Boinged to Honningbrew and sold a suit of iron armor, three dwarven bows, and a few assorted potions to Mallus
- Headed over to the shrine
- Mined corundum vein
- Took out sabre cat
- Dropped off horn at the shrine–no sign of Thalmor agents
- Boinged back to Lakeview and picked up enough building materials to keep from getting overloaded
- Boinged to Windstad and dropped them off
- Built a few Small House furnishings as well as the beginning of the Main Hall
- Boinged back to Solitude
- Reported to Elisif to tell her the horn was delivered
- Got permission to buy property! Bought and almost completely furnished Proudspire <3
- Saved in Proudspire for the night
Not much to say about this because the action was familiar territory, but I will note that my two favorite moments going through Wolfskull cave this time were:
Necromancer, trying to taunt me: “You’ll make a fine—”
Me: “Khajiit did not quite hear you correctly, as she was shooting you. A fine opponent? A fine victor over you in combat? How nice. This one thanks you for the compliment, or would, if she had not just shot you.”
Ritual Master: “Something’s wrong. There is an intruder.”
Me: “Khajiit thinks you cannot count. There are <summons dremora> four intruders.”
Lydia: “You won’t get the best of me!”
Dremora, in unison: “I honor my lord by DESTROYING YOU!”
I was slightly disappointed that I did not get intercepted by Thalmor agent Lorcalin at the shrine. Darn. 😉
But I was delighted to be able to go ahead and get Proudspire, as well as almost completey furnish it out! And as I write this post, I realize that I could even have bought the Children’s Bedroom for it. I think I even have enough gold on me for that, so I’ll need to swing back and take care of that.
Just because, if nothing else, I need to start thinking about Faanshi doing the adoption thing and which kids I might want to adopt, and where to put them.
Still working on smaller side quests and thaneships before I dive into Dawnguard. So I’ll probably go run the nightmares quest in Dawnstar, just to work on getting to the next level up so that I can then come back and take out Potema.
No screenshots this time.