|Game||Elder Scrolls Online|
|Playthrough Dates||September 2022, in progress|
|Platform||Steam Deck, macOS|
This is the page for my first Elder Scrolls Online playthrough, for the character Gyllerah of the High Elves.
I began this playthrough in September 2022, not long after acquiring my Steam Deck. Gyllerah’s playthrough alternates between the Steam Deck and my M1 Mac, depending on what I’m feeling like playing on at any given time.
Gyllerah is also my first official High Elf alt (Luciriel in my Skyrim Together playthrough kinda doesn’t count, even though she existed first, since I’m not doing actual story or RP with her), and named after an elf character created in the backstory history for my Rebels of Adalonia series.
What I know about Gyllerah prior to her starting in Balfiera is this:
She came from a minor diplomatic family stationed in Elsweyr, just high up enough the Altmer social ladder that she had a pretty good idea of how to function in diplomatic capacities, though she was arguably not really upper-class/noble herself. I retconned this in to help explain Gyllerah’s affinity for Khajiit, since my housemate Paul, with whom I’m frequently playing ESO, runs a Khajiit as his main.
It is possible that Gyllerah started exhibiting inborn abilities that would have guided her to joining an order of Stendarr. However, she never got the chance–because she became a victim of the Soulburst.
This rattled her memories around fairly significantly. Her memories of her childhood and adolescence are dim at best, though she managed to retain some functional skills, enough to let her defend herself when she dropped into the cells in Balfiera.
Her perceptions of the flow of time–and perhaps even her place in time–are disrupted. This is my headcanon for how I can play things entirely out of chronological order in ESO! For example, how I can run the entire Summerset plot, meet and befriend Razum’dar, and then see Raz much later on Khenarthi’s Roost and he doesn’t know me at all.
As I’ve proceeded through play, and in particular with ESO’s Main Quest, I’m using that as the headcanon to explain Gyllerah growing more stable in her place in the flow of time–since I, as a player, am trying to be more conscious of playing things closer to a canon chronological order.
Here are all the posts about Gyllerah’s playthrough! These are dynamically updated, so a new post should appear here when it goes up. They’re listed in descending date order, so the newest posts should always appear first. Also, note the pagination controls after the first five posts. You can page through to see the older ones.
- In Which Gyllerah Saves Western Skyrim - 05/18/2023In which Gyllerah liberates enthralled Nords at a tavern in Coldharbour; frees the captured Fennorian from Blackreach; seeks a lost instrument for the Bards College; helps a young woman discover the truth about her disgraced ancestor; and joins forces with Lyris, Fennorian, and Princess Svana to bring down Svana's father and save Solitude from a massive harrowstorm.
- In Which Gyllerah Saves the Aldmeri Dominion and Quests into Coldharbour - 05/11/2023In which Gyllerah aids Shazah in becoming the new Mane of the Khajiit; is named the new fifth member of the Five Companions, but must face the prospect of sacrificing one of the others; helps the Mages Guild finally recover Eyevea from Sheogorath; helps arrange a meeting of the alliances to plan an assault on Coldharbour; discovers that the strike force has been scattered all across Coldharbour when she arrives; and begins rescuing lost Fighters and Mages Guild members and assembling them in the Hollow City, under the direction of the mysterious Groundskeeper.
- In Which Gyllerah Quests in Malabal Tor, in Reaper’s March, and for the Fighters Guild - 05/07/2023In which Gyllerah works further with Lyris Titanborn and Princess Svana to discover the cause of the harrowstorms in Western Skyrim; saves the Green Lady and witnesses her union with the Silvenar; is named the Moon Hallowed as she aids two sisters, one of whom is fated to be the next Mane of the Khajiit; liberates Arenthia from invaders; and discovers the truth of who'd slain the previous Guildmaster of the Fighters Guild.
- In Which Gyllerah Hunts Witches, the Hound, and Daedra in the White-Gold Tower - 05/01/2023In which Gyllerah discovers the last Guildmaster of the Fighters Guild was murdered; investigates the destruction of Meridia's temple at Kilkreath, and gains a vampire ally; investigates the murder of the queen in Solitude; quests into the White-Gold Tower and destroys the Daedra who'd taken it over for Molag Bal; and frees the Silvenar from imprisonment in Jathsogur.
- In Which Gyllerah Defeats the Shade of Naemon and Hunts for Witches - 04/27/2023In which Gyllerah helps Indaenir defeat the Shade of Naemon, purge the Valenheart of corruption, and become the new Silvenar of the Bosmer; fights off a Drublog invasion in Velyn Harbor; fights more of the Drublog, only to discover that the Green Lady and the Silvenar have both been captured; and teams up with Lyris Titanborn to uncover the roots of a conspiracy involving witches, werewolves, and vampires threatening Skyrim.
Gyllerah’s screenshot galleries can be found on the Gyllerah Screenshots page.