|Game||Elder Scrolls Online|
|Playthrough Dates||September 2022, in progress|
|Platform||Steam Deck, macOS|
This is the page for my first Elder Scrolls Online playthrough, for the character Gyllerah of the High Elves.
I began this playthrough in September 2022, not long after acquiring my Steam Deck. Gyllerah’s playthrough alternates between the Steam Deck and my M1 Mac, depending on what I’m feeling like playing on at any given time.
Gyllerah is also my first official High Elf alt (Luciriel in my Skyrim Together playthrough kinda doesn’t count, even though she existed first, since I’m not doing actual story or RP with her), and named after an elf character created in the backstory history for my Rebels of Adalonia series.
What I know about Gyllerah prior to her starting in Balfiera is this:
She came from a minor diplomatic family stationed in Elsweyr, just high up enough the Altmer social ladder that she had a pretty good idea of how to function in diplomatic capacities, though she was arguably not really upper-class/noble herself. I retconned this in to help explain Gyllerah’s affinity for Khajiit, since my housemate Paul, with whom I’m frequently playing ESO, runs a Khajiit as his main.
It is possible that Gyllerah started exhibiting inborn abilities that would have guided her to joining an order of Stendarr. However, she never got the chance–because she became a victim of the Soulburst.
This rattled her memories around fairly significantly. Her memories of her childhood and adolescence are dim at best, though she managed to retain some functional skills, enough to let her defend herself when she dropped into the cells in Balfiera.
Her perceptions of the flow of time–and perhaps even her place in time–are disrupted. This is my headcanon for how I can play things entirely out of chronological order in ESO! For example, how I can run the entire Summerset plot, meet and befriend Razum’dar, and then see Raz much later on Khenarthi’s Roost and he doesn’t know me at all.
As I’ve proceeded through play, and in particular with ESO’s Main Quest, I’m using that as the headcanon to explain Gyllerah growing more stable in her place in the flow of time–since I, as a player, am trying to be more conscious of playing things closer to a canon chronological order.
Here are all the posts about Gyllerah’s playthrough! These are dynamically updated, so a new post should appear here when it goes up. They’re listed in descending date order, so the newest posts should always appear first. Also, note the pagination controls after the first five posts. You can page through to see the older ones.
- In Which Gyllerah Becomes a Champion and Gets a House - 02/01/2023In which Gyllerah quests through multiple spots in Northern Elsweyr, to help with problems there; achieves Champion status; and buys the house called Cliffshade.
- In Which Gyllerah Hunts Dragons and Gains an Assistant - 01/28/2023In which Gyllerah quests through Northern Elsweyr to help the Dragonguard fight dragons there; and in which she acquires an Alfiq banker assistant.
- In Which Gyllerah Explores the Undaunted, Closes Breaches, and Fights Daedra - 01/23/2023In which Gyllerah explores joining the Undaunted; rescues Merric of the Fighters Guild from a Daedra intending to claim his soul; and closes more time breaches for the Psijic Order.
- In Which Gyllerah Unveils the Veiled Queen - 01/14/2023In which Gyllerrah reports to Skywatch and receives orders to infiltrate the Veiled Heritance--which leads to her discovery of the Veiled Queen's identity; and in which she reveals the Veiled Queen to Queen Ayrenn.
- In Which Gyllerah Recovers the Ring of Stendarr’s Mercy - 01/11/2023In which Gyllerah rescues Sai Sahan from Coldharbour; cleanses Daedric corruption from the shrines of Torinaan; helps Razum-dar rout the Veiled Heritance in Mathiisen; retrieves the Ring of Stendarr's Mercy from the Valley of Blades; and runs favors for outlaws in Vulkhel Guard to seek information on Margus Derius.
Gyllerah’s screenshot galleries can be found on the Gyllerah Screenshots page.