|Game||Elder Scrolls Online|
|Playthrough Dates||September 2022, in progress|
|Platform||Steam Deck, macOS|
This is the page for my first Elder Scrolls Online playthrough, for the character Gyllerah of the High Elves.
I began this playthrough in September 2022, not long after acquiring my Steam Deck. Gyllerah’s playthrough alternates between the Steam Deck and my M1 Mac, depending on what I’m feeling like playing on at any given time.
Gyllerah is also my first official High Elf alt (Luciriel in my Skyrim Together playthrough kinda doesn’t count, even though she existed first, since I’m not doing actual story or RP with her), and named after an elf character created in the backstory history for my Rebels of Adalonia series.
What I know about Gyllerah prior to her starting in Balfiera is this:
She came from a minor diplomatic family stationed in Elsweyr, just high up enough the Altmer social ladder that she had a pretty good idea of how to function in diplomatic capacities, though she was arguably not really upper-class/noble herself. I retconned this in to help explain Gyllerah’s affinity for Khajiit, since my housemate Paul, with whom I’m frequently playing ESO, runs a Khajiit as his main.
It is possible that Gyllerah started exhibiting inborn abilities that would have guided her to joining an order of Stendarr. However, she never got the chance–because she became a victim of the Soulburst.
This rattled her memories around fairly significantly. Her memories of her childhood and adolescence are dim at best, though she managed to retain some functional skills, enough to let her defend herself when she dropped into the cells in Balfiera.
Her perceptions of the flow of time–and perhaps even her place in time–are disrupted. This is my headcanon for how I can play things entirely out of chronological order in ESO! For example, how I can run the entire Summerset plot, meet and befriend Razum’dar, and then see Raz much later on Khenarthi’s Roost and he doesn’t know me at all.
As I’ve proceeded through play, and in particular with ESO’s Main Quest, I’m using that as the headcanon to explain Gyllerah growing more stable in her place in the flow of time–since I, as a player, am trying to be more conscious of playing things closer to a canon chronological order.
Here are all the posts about Gyllerah’s playthrough! These are dynamically updated, so a new post should appear here when it goes up. They’re listed in descending date order, so the newest posts should always appear first. Also, note the pagination controls after the first five posts. You can page through to see the older ones.
- In Which Gyllerah Retrieves Antiquities, Disrupts Rituals, and Gains a Companion - 03/06/2023In which Gyllerah recovers antiquities from the Sunless Hollow; frees Argonian captives from a cult in Blackwood, and destroys ritual components while there; helps a Khajiit mage undo her wild magic; and frees more captives from cultists on Amenos, while gathering components for magical study there.
- In Which Gyllerah Defends the Dominion in Grahtwood and Greenshade - 02/25/2023In which Gyllerah recovers pieces of the Staff of Towers; helps rebuild the orrery needed to ratify Queen Ayrenn; saves a town from the madness of Sheogorath; confronts and slays Prince Naemon; brings about the ascension of the Wilderqueen; and learns more about the ongoing plots of the Veiled Heritance.
- In Which Gyllerah Saves Firsthold and Goes to Elden Root - 02/16/2023In which Gyllerah saves Firsthold from dremora invasions, and brings about the death of High Kinlady Estre; saves the town of Haven on Grahtwood from Jackdaw pirates; investigates for King Camoran and Prince Naemon why a Khajiit embassy in Grahtwood has been delayed for an entire year; and uncovers another Veiled Heritance conspirator at the Altmer embassy.
- In Which Gyllerah Recovers the Amulet of Kings - 02/11/2023In which Gyllerah, along with Lyris Titanborn, Abnur Tharn, and Sai Sahan, recovers the Amulet of Kings from Sancre Tor and slays Mannimarco; and in which she saves the towns of Silsailen and Dawnbreak on Auridon from the ongoing machinations of the Veiled Heritance.
- In Which Gyllerah Hunts Through Delves and Dragonscours - 02/07/2023In which Gyllerah quests into more delves in Northern Elsweyr, and also goes dragon hunting! Contains some thoughts as well on the difference in power levels between ESO dragons and Skyrim dragons.
Gyllerah’s screenshot galleries can be found on the Gyllerah Screenshots page.