This post covers running the Moon and Star mod’s plotline in Kendeshel’s Skyrim playthrough, and as such, contains massive spoilers for that mod. If you haven’t played this mod yet and think you might want to, you should hold off on reading this post for now.
I also have up a spoiler-free review of the mod if you’d like to read that instead.
There are also spoilers here for Legacy of the Dragonborn, covering how to find the Hall of Secrets and how to launch the Tools of the Trade quest to find a bunch of useful items.
And since the screenshots for this mod do involve spoilers for Moon and Star, the screenshot gallery is password-locked. You can find the password at the bottom of this post.
This was a big, busy session! Major action here: becoming thane of Falkreath, clearing Embershard Mine, running the Ill Met By Moonlight plot (Hircine’s Daedric quest), and buying Breezehome in Whiterun!
I had not planned to visit the Temple of Dibella during this run, or to do their Heart of Dibella quest, but events conspired otherwise! Because one of the side quests for the Dawnguard pointed me at one of the temple priestesses as a lead on finding a vampire–and I couldn’t get at her without doing the Heart of Dibella quest. But it was a new thing, so that was fun!
Also, there was more vampire hunting. And severe chastising of bandits who attacked me at Lakeview.
And, sadly, the loss of the blacksmith Ghorza in Markarth, killed by the Traveler NPC vampire. RIP Ghorza! 😢
Main themes of last night’s run were following up on pending quests for the College of Winterhold, the Arniel’s Endeavor quest, as well as side quests fetching books for the Arcaneum.
Major highlights of last night’s Skyrim run:
- Took on the 2nd of three quests to become thane of Falkreath, and recovered a journal for the Altmer priest Runil
- Took on the 3rd of those quests, which involved a little light thievery for former Jarl Dengeir
- Killed not one but two different dragons
- Killed a vampire at the behest of Falkreath’s former Jarl
- Actually became Thane of Falkreath, and gained housecarl #3
- Had Lydia get killed on me three times which was not acceptable, so time to improve her armor
- Did a bit more building of things at Windstad Manor
Details behind the fold!