In this session I took a break from the main Thieves Guild plots and did a bunch of side quests instead. Mostly because I wanted to build up a gold balance, so I could get in some training, work on improving Iona’s gear, and get more building and crafting materials.
We’ll return to the Thieves Guild action shortly!
- Play date: 2/12/2022
- Session number in this run: 19
- Bought some building materials in Whiterun and boinged to Lakeview
- Had Lydia sell me a bunch of sawn logs; built out more of Lakeview, including finishing the structure of the library wing, and starting on enchanter tower
- Got Lydia into follow mode
- Boinged to Shroud Hearth Barrow as closest place to Geirmund’s Hall
- Headed over there to get the last Gauldur amulet fragment; ran the place; killed once, but otherwise not too much of a problem; got the Gauldur Blackbow and the amulet fragment, and found an ebony bow as dungeon loot, fuck yeah
- Boinged back to Whiterun; bought a bunch more materials, improved and sold a bunch of the loot; bought several important potions from Arcadia; did a little enchanting at Farengar’s table in Dragonsreach
- Boinged back to Lakeview to drop off Lydia and a bunch of stuff in the inventory
- Boinged to Riften to pick up Iona, then boinged to Windhelm; went on foot from Windhelm towards Forsaken Cave to get the White Phial
- Passed Khajiit setting out to Dawnstar, hi Khajiit!
- Flyby Blood Dragon
- Intercepted by two snow bears, which were killed by Iona and the Khajiit
- Made it safely to Forsaken Cave
- Began to run the place, periodically summoning the dremora lord to augment Iona’s fighting; got killed a few times, once when Iona triggered a trap and I got clobbered by a battering ram OW; finally made it through though and let Iona and dremora take out Curalmil and his other draugr buddies
- Got the word for Marked for Death; got the Cracked White Phial, and all the ingredients from the back room; ooh also found some glass armor in the boss chest, bitchin’
- Fast traveled to Windhelm
- Gave a coin to Silda
- Started enchanting loot at the table behind Niranye’s stall
- Leveled up to 40; took perk to boost fire damage on the Destruction tree
- Sold loot to Niranye and Aval
- Put fire damage enchantment on the ebony warhammer I found in the dungeon
- Went into the White Phial shop to hand over the Cracked White Phial to Nurelion; got tiny payment from him and better payment from Quintus
- Shopped a bit with Oengul since in this game he doesn’t hate my guts 😉
- Bought a glass helmet and ebony boots; gave the ebony warhammer and boots to Iona
- Went out to the docks; bought all the flowers from Sofie, then found Kjar and got bounty on the deserted crewmember i killed for him at Stony Creek without even knowing i killed that person for him 😉
- Boinged back to Riften
- Hit the Thieves Guild and got four rounds of Pickpocket training from Vipir, one round of archery training from Niruin
- Bought alchemy lab and enchanter table for Honeyside from Anuriel; also got a dragon bounty from Anuriel
- Got the quest from the Jarl’s son to pick up his sword from Balimund; went to Balimund to fetch the sword; brought it back and got a couple of gems for the trouble
- Did some alchemy in Honeyside; made a bunch of potions and went to sell them at Elgrim’s Elixirs
- Got Ingun’s quest to bring her ingredients
- Went over to the Hall of the Dead to get Alessandra’s dagger quest
- Got the ice wraith teeth quest from Marise
- Went out from Riften on foot to run the dragon bounty as it was pointing at Northwind Summit
- Went through the mine and came out to fight the dragon, which was a Blood Dragon; got the word for Aura Whisper; also got dragon bits and loot
- Boinged to Whiterun to do some more shopping
- Went to the Hall of the Dead to do the dagger quest, and also the quest to get Andurs his amulet (and get the next Stone of Barenziah while in there)
- Boinged back to Riften
- Did additional shopping with Balimund; got Iona some ebony gloves, and a pair of glass boots to go with the glass armor set I’m building; also got Iona an elven bow
- Reported back to Alessandra that the dagger had been dropped off; got assorted spellbooks from her, three of which I didn’t know yet, yay!
- Parked in Honeyside
- Saved for the night
All of the stuff I ran in this session was pretty low-key, and also familiar territory. So not too much new to say about any of this that isn’t covered in the highlight notes.
Interesting terms observed:
- Nécropole: Hall of the Dead (I’m assuming this is literally “necropolis“?)
- Demeure de Geirmund: Geirmund’s Hall (lit. Domicile of Geirmund)
- Pic du Mistral: Northwind Summit (lit. Peak of the Mistral, where mistral is a particular wind known in France)
- Dents de spectre de glace: Ice wraith teeth
Much more high stakes action, as I return to the Thieves Guild plot and discover that the Guildmaster is a murderous lying bastard!
Editing to add
- 11/21/2023: Restored missing gallery, and added play date and session number markers.