I seem to be following into a cadence of a Gyllerah post every week or so. This is because I usually do actual RP with Gyllerah on the weekends, and everything else in the days between!
And this time, I got in some delve action in Blackwood, but also some advancement of the Aldmeri Dominion plot in Greenshade. And I’m about to clear cp160!
Play by play
- Play dates: 3/11, 3/13-3/14, 3/16-3/18/2023
- Session numbers in this run: 152-157
Saturday the 11th
- Ran all seven writs in Alinor
- Boinged off to Leyawiin to run another daily quest there, to see if i could get any style sheets for the Black Fin Legion style
- Got quest from Deetum-Jas to hit the Bloodrun Cave delve; he pointed me at a Dunmer named Faves Anthones if I wanted more info
- Heh, Faves did his damndest to duck the question of whether he was Morag Tong, which of course means he was totally Morag Tong
- Headed off to Bloodrun Cave to try to destroy some Morag Tong documents
- When I showed up, the local NPC with a quest was Mim-Jasa, an Argonian, and also a nisswo, a priest of Sithis; he wanted my help in destroying the remains of three Dark Brotherhood members who were being manipulated by a necromancer (because of course they were)
- Headed into the delve, and surprisingly, Mim-Jasa came in with me and started throwing heals on me during fights
- He warned me one set of the remains was missing its skull, remains that were of Ajum-Shei, and we’d have to destroy the skull too
- Called in Ember for help with the boss; saw her level up, too, go Ember!
- Destroyed all the Morag Tong documents, and all the remains
- My party of three took out the necromancer boss, Tumma-Maxath, and also the final skull
- Fought my way back out of the place
- Dismissed Ember and boinged back to Leyawiin to pick up the reward from Deetum-Jas; no style sheet, damn
- Boinged between Alinor and Cliffshade for inventory management, and work on cp140 armor
- Logged off in Cliffshade for the night
Monday the 13th
- Ran six of seven writs in Alinor
- Boinged to Rimmen and found ancestor silk being sold low priced enough that I could buy it without raiding my bank balance
- Returned to Alinor for seventh writ
- Created and sold a bunch of things to whittle down the inventory
- Boinged back to Cliffshade and made a full set of Ancient Elf Heavy Armor since it looked pretty good; also made a shield
- Logged out there for the night
Tuesday the 14th
- Did a little more armor work in Cliffshade
- Ran four of seven writs in Alinor
- Paused at outfit station to dye the heavy armor I made, and got a blue and gold-ish color scheme going which I have been wanting to do for Gyllerah for a while
- Boinged to Shadowfen to run two copies of the same jewelry writ
- On the way to the survey location, passed what looked like some kind of a creepy ruin
- There were a bunch of wisps in the area, putting people into a thralled state; three or four different NPCs thanked me for saving them when I killed the wisps
- Also fought off a watcher summoned by another of the generic “summoner” NPCs who think it’s totally a good idea to open portals to Oblivion
- Finally reached the survey location, so got a crapton of electrum; had to derp around nearby to give the spot time to respawn
- Boinged back to Alinor and bought alchemy and provisioning ingredients from guild traders to finish off the rest of the writs
- Boinged back to Cliffshade for the night
Thursday the 16th
- Ran writs in Alinor; no other significant action
Friday the 17th
- Ran writs in Alinor
- Briefly ran antiquities scrying in Artaeum
- Had everything but alchemy stuff so boinged to alchemy survey spot in Glenumbra that I’d been to before, but that spot had a surprising amount of lady’s smock
- Boinged back to Alinor; bought scrib jelly to finish that writ off
- Bought a little bit of palladium from guild traders too
- Boinged back to Cliffshade and made cp140 sword and bow finally
- Logged out for the night
Saturday the 18th
- Ran writs in Alinor
- Was short on woodworking materials so boinged over to the Rift to quickly pick up materials from a survey
- Boinged back to Alinor and then bought alchemy and provisioning ingredients to finish off the other writs
- Boinged next to Valenwood to try to run more of the Aldmeri Dominion plot
- Hit Serpent’s Grove and called in Ember for backup
- Helped local priestess Sendel fill some blood runes and repair seals to bind a serpent the Maormer were trying to summon
- Took out the mage trying to do the ritual and finished re-binding the serpent
- Site of the fight also wanted me to trigger the Augur of the Obscure, so took a break to find the breach and close it, making 4 of 9
- Hoofed it over to Seaside Sanctuary
- Cut through an area with a bunch of hostiles running around, but also some weird spots of glowing blue light
- Rendezvoused with Major Cirenwe, who asked me to team up with Raz to work on taking out the invading Sea Elves; I chose to take out their leaders while Raz rescued hostages
- Got a disguise off a prisoner, but it really didn’t work out to be useful, kept getting spotted by sentries
- Took out all three Maormer commanders
- Got full up on inventory, had to destroy some unnecessary items and start ignoring loot items
- Called in Ezabi a couple of times to unload, but that wasn’t quite enough; had to tap into my money reserve to buy 10 more slots in my bank account
- Lit a lighthouse beacon to let the incoming troops know they could attack
- Learned from a captive in the lighthouse that the attempt to resurrect Naemon had not gone the way Pelidil wanted
- Returned to the major, who sent me over to the Prowler
- Went out with the Prowler’s crew to help fight off an ocean attack, and we had to repel boarders trying to port onto the ship
- Also used ballistas to take down a summoned serpent (presumably not the one I’d previously bound?)
- Went through one of the portals opened up by enemy mages, and landed on their ship
- Vicereeve Pelidil took me out once, while ranting a bunch about Naemon being his vengeance, but I took him out the second time through
- Returned to shore to meet up again with the major; got orders to report back to the Queen in Marbruk
- But first boinged back to Alinor for inventory management; blew up a lot of loot items to get useful materials
- Boinged back to Cliffshade and made a full set of new cp150 armor, because I maxed out on materials for clothing, blacksmithing, and woodworking, fuck yeah 😀
- Boinged back to Alinor and made a bunch of things to burn through other materials, and sell them and build up a bit more money
- Reset my worn outfit to a new color but to also change over to some of the look of the lower tier Wood Elf things since I don’t like all the pointy bits on the higher tier versions
- Boinged back to Cliffshade and logged off for the night
Destroying What Remains quest
This was another delve run, once more in Blackwood, since I was hoping to get another crack at finding a style sheet for the Black Fin Legion style.
That didn’t happen, but I did very much enjoy running this quest. I got a look at some nice scenery on the way to finding the delve, Bloodrun Cave. And once I got there, I met Mim-Jasa, an interesting character. He was an Argonian and a nisswo–a priest of Sithis. And I found him remarkably peaceful and spiritual for someone who worshipped Sithis, really.
He had commentary about taking offense that the remains of members of the Dark Brotherhood were being violated for necromantic purposes, and believing that this violated the natural cycles of destruction and creation he revered.
To my surprise, he also came into the delve with me and kept throwing heals on me during fights. Which was very helpful!
Weird wisps locale in Shadowfen
When going to Shadowfen for survey purposes, I cut through an area that seemed like some kind of a ruin–and which had a whole bunch of wisps floating around, with NPCs in a thralled state. I killed three or four of those things, which caused the NPCs to wake up and thank me for freeing them.
Not sure what that location was. I poked around on the wiki looking for clues, and found a couple of places in Shadowfen that it might have been. But I don’t know for sure.
This will be a mystery for Future Me to discover!
Before the Storm quest
I picked up in the middle of this quest on Saturday’s play, and headed to Serpent’s Grove for this action. The place seemed like it should have been a delve in terms of general structure, but it wasn’t? It was just a large and complicated cave.
But I did have a local NPC who begged me for obligatory local quest assistance–namely, powering up some blood runes to use to recreate seals on an ancient giant sea serpent. Which, of course, the Maormer wanted to use to attack the Dominion.
And at the end of it, I had to fight a mage doing the ritual. But as bosses went he actually wasn’t that much of a threat? So at least in that sense, this locale was not quite up to the level of challenge of a delve.
Still though, it segued smoothly into the next part of the quest line, which wanted me to report to Major Cirenwe at Seaside Sanctuary.
I hoofed it over there with Ember, which meant I got in some fighting with her on the way. Ember certainly sounded like she was having a helluva time hanging out with me! And I noted with some bemusement that she apparently found my harvesting runestones highly entertaining? Because I got a rapport boost when she saw me doing that.
I may have gone through an area I’m supposed to hit later? I found a bunch of dead Blackroot hostiles lying around, as well as some seemingly dormant floating bits of blue light. I can’t find a reference on the wiki to what the blue light bits were. But I’m pretty sure all the hostiles, dead or otherwise, were Blackroots.
A Storm Upon the Shore and Pelidil’s End quests
I would just like to note for the record that I tried to take advantage of the disguise I got off of the prisoner Major Cirenwe’s forces had captured. But it didn’t work out very well. I got spotted a couple of times by sentries, so I figure Gyllerah and Ember just looked at one another, shrugged, and began charging at any enemies in sight.
Because fuck stealth. 😉 Gyllerah’s not exactly stealthy with her Templar abilities, and neither is Ember, given Ember’s propensity for throwing lightning around!
Once I took out those commanders, I had to go into a lighthouse and light a beacon for Cirenwe’s troops. While in there, I found a tortured and dying prisoner, who clued me in that the resurrection of Naemon had gone wrong and that the undead prince had in fact spit in Pelidil’s face. HA.
Because of course it went wrong. This is a necromancy attempt in Tamriel! And that always goes wrong, unless you’re actually Mannimarco. Or perhaps Serana. Sheesh, you necromancers. XD
I next had to report to the Prowler and help Captain Jimila and her crew in a sea battle. That was pretty cool. Particularly the part with using ballistas to take out an attacking sea serpent! (It wasn’t clear to me whether that was the same serpent I supposedly bound in the previous quest?)
And the final fight of this was with Vicereeve Pelidil. Who, despite the resurrection of Naemon not having gone according to his plan, was ready to rant to me about how even if he fell, Naemon would be his vengeance.
Whoops, left out the Next Time section!
Closing in on finishing the part of the Aldmeri Dominion plot line that’s set in Greenshade specifically. So I’ll probably be finishing that up in the next few days, or next weekend at the very latest. Then it’ll be on to Malabal Tor.
We’ll see what other side things I might be in the mood to do in the meantime. Expect at least a couple of side plot adventures in the next Gyllerah post!
Editing to add
- 11/25/2023: Restored missing gallery.