This is my Skyrim post for the last play I did, on Monday 1/10, just before my house internet came back up. This is also the most recent Skyrim post I have to share with y’all, since I didn’t play last night; I was too busy dealing with necessary aftermaths of bringing the house net back up.
Since I’m posting this with normal functionality restored, it will be cross-posted to Dreamwidth as per usual.
This run was kind of short as it was done on a Monday night, but it let me get in some action on the way to Tel Mithryn, have my initial meeting with the wizard Neloth, and get started on running Nchardak at Neloth’s behest!
- Stashed a few more things in chests in Severin Manor to lighten the load
- Set out with Calder to head to Tel Mithryn
- Wood elf archer who shot at me
- Lurker Vindicator vs. bull netch, took down the Vindicator, and as long as there was a netch body right there, took the jelly
- Three ash spawn near the Deathbrand chest; looted the chest for the Deathbrand boots
- Visited Revus Sarvani and chatted about his silt strider, also bought a bunch of things from him, including the resonance gem
- Cleansed the Sun Stone and let a bunch of reavers wake up from thrall
- Headed over to Tel Mithryn
- Found apprentice Talvas trying to summon his ash guardian
- And also steward Varona
- Went in to visit Master Neloth and had initial convo re: Black Books
- Got his info that oh hey there’s a Black Book at Nchardak
- So let’s go get it! What could possibly go wrong?
- Fought two Lurkers outside, immediately followed by three ash spawn–one of whom was fighting Revus, so I helped him take it down
- Proceeded with Neloth from there to Nchardak
- Took down the reavers outside
- Went into the place with Neloth
- Accepted first cube from him
- Went into the workshop and found cube number two
- Paused at the point where we have to lower the levels around the bridge, and saved for the night
Continuing with this trend in Delga’s run of nothing brand new from a bigger picture perspective–but definitely newer experiences with larger combinations of multiple monsters as once. This time through, the notable combo was two lurkers and three ash spawn!
But that Lurker Vindicator vs. the bull netch was a pretty badass fight to walk up on, too.
Noted with amusement that none of the reavers that were in thrall at the Sun Stone attacked me afterwards, at least not right then. Not sure if that set of reavers completely vanishes after they’re broken out of the spell, or if they hang around for a bit and become hostile later. Hard to say!
I’m a little sad that I didn’t get to have a meetup with Neloth at the Earth Stone, but meeting him for the first time at Tel Mithryn is still fun. Particularly the whole “I don’t remember inviting you into my tower, you better make it worth my time” tone he sets. LOL.
I continue to like Talvas as a character. And I rather like Varona, even though you have maybe exactly one conversation with her before she’s killed later as part of the Ildari Sarothril plotline.
I left off after starting Nchardak, so my next session will be the complicated part of that, making sure to find all the cubes. I’ll have to go back and check my previous posts about running that dungeon, since I recollect that it was tough for both Alarrah’s and Merawen’s runs!