In Which Shenner Finds a Briarheart for Neloth
This is technically a double session post, but since I only briefly touched Shenner’s run on the 14th, I’m calling this a single session played on two different days!
Main highlights: another loot selling and dropping off run on the Skyrim mainland, before returning to Neloth on Solstheim and getting the quest to go after Ildari Sarothril.
- Play date: 9/14, 9/17/2022
- Session number in this run: 59
- Reached Windhelm during the nighttime hours, which meant I got to punch the daylights out of Rolff again on general “because punching a racist” principles
- Did a tiny bit of smithing at Oengul’s forge, and a little enchanting behind Niranyne’s stall
- Sold a bunch of stuff to Niranye, Oengul, and Revyn
- Daedric-horse’d from there to Bloodchill Manor
- Dropped off a whole bunch of armor and weapons; no actual designated display spots for Miraak’s stuff there, surprisingly? Dropped it off anyway
- Boinged to Windstad to check on what I could build there
- Boinged to Lakeview and dropped off more things
- Added all the dragon bits and building materials I had on me to the building materials stashes there
- Did some alchemy
- Boinged to Whiterun; sold stuff to Elrindir, Belethor, Arcadia; went outside the city gates and also sold stuff to Ri’saad
- Boinged to Hendraheim; dropped off yet more things
- Hoofed it over to Lost Valley Redoubt and ran the place
- Collected juniper berries off trees since I was in the reach at that point
- Observed a briarheart for Neloth
- Took out the two hagravens making a new briarheart
- Got the word for Become Ethereal off the wall
- Did not do Bard’s Leap Summit since my speech was at 100
- Mined an iron ore vein
- Boinged back to Solstheim
- Sold stuff to Fethis and Milore
- Dropped off a few things at Severin Manor
- Sold stuff to dremora merchant
- Headed out to go to Tel Mithryn
- Netch hunters by Old Attius Farm; not in the mood to netch hunt this time so did not get close enough to them to engage
- Did however fight with the Redguard who attacked me near Tel Mithryn
- And the three ash spawn that showed up as I got closer, and oh hey Drovas actually got in on the fight! Way to go Drovas!
- Went in to report to Neloth about the briarheart, and he went straight into “GODDAMMIT SOMEBODY IS TRYING TO KILL ME”
- So got the objective to use the tracking ring
- As expected I’d already killed the ash spawn at the gravesite so no challenges there; got the heartstone and reported back to Neloth
- Got objective to go kill Ildari
- But first went to Thirsk Mead Hall
- Killed a couple of reavers on the way when I found them fighting an ice wraith
- Then reached Thirsk Mead Hall and gave Elmus his juniper berries
- Headed towards Highpoint Tower
- Found the dragon burial mound and fought the dragon there
- Went close enough to spot the Ramshackle Trading Post but didn’t get close enough to mark it for the map
- Fought a burnt spriggan close to Highpoint Tower
- Took out the two ash spawn on the steps
- Then saved at the entrance for the night
All the excitement around finally getting my Steam Deck and getting it set up to run mods has, admittedly, kind of distracted me from actually playing. ;D
But I did get in this Shenner action in between doing all of that!
Most of this was familiar territory so not much to say about it. I am however kind of surprised that Bloodchill Manor doesn’t actually have designated display spots for Miraak’s stuff. I suppose it was deemed less in-theme for the place?
Didn’t stop me from dropping off his gear there, regardless. And I wound up putting his mask on the Dragon Priests masks display stand–which meant I also wound up putting the Redoran Watchman’s Helmet on the armor mannequin with the rest of his armor. Miraak the Mushroom Head. Sadly, I did not screenshot this, but I will totally do so next time Shenner visits Bloodchill Manor!
The other notable thing in this session was Drovas. Now that I’ve got him being steward for Neloth, I’ve seen him hanging out outside Tel Mithryn. Which meant he was on hand when I got jumped by ash spawn–and he actually joined in on the fight! Pretty sure he killed one of the ash spawn, too, while I took out the other two. Way to go, Drovas. 😀
Time to run Highpoint Tower and take Ildari down!
No screenshots this time. Too distracted by playing with mods. 😀