This session was mostly all about returning to Blackreach to hunt for crimson nirnroot, an activity that I think Delga’s player enjoyed more than Delga herself.
- Play date: 12/30/2021
- Session number in this run: 61
- Dropped off a bunch of things in chest in Breezehome to lighten the load
- Fast traveled from Whiterun straight to the Tower of Mzark, which I could get into, oh good
- Began hunting for crimson nirnroot, sneaking as much as possible
- Got all the nirnroot and didn’t have to fight anything! Go me!
- (See, Delga, sneaking isn’t all that bad, Lydia would be proud of you)
- Fast traveled to Rift Watchtower so I wouldn’t drop a dragon on Avrusa’s farm, or at least tried not to, but one landed there anyway, bpfpbptfpt
- Regular dragon, and I killed it
- Also found an Imperial guard and a Rift guard and I’m not sure if they were fighting? Imperial was killed, but possibly by the Rift guard, possibly by the dragon
- And a thief picked a very bad time to try to hit me up for money, right as I was killing the dragon, but I passed the persuade check to get the thief to fuck off
- And lol, thief then was all ‘it may be dead now, but where did it come from’
- See, hi, yes you just tried to rob the Dragonborn, rethink your life choices next time
- Crimson nirnroot handed off successfully to Avrusa
- And the younger sister still bitches about the place being boring; lol, apparently you didn’t notice me just killing the dragon outside your house just now? Be glad your life is this boring, lady
- Boinged back to Whiterun for selling and crafting
- (Still have a dragon corpse near the Western Watchtower, this game’s answer to Carl)
- Sold a few things at Warmaiden’s and bought them out of materials
- Boinged to Lakeview to review shrines; built shrine of Dibella, but hrmf needed those dragon bits for shrine of Talos
- Back to Breezehome for those
- Arvak’d back to Lakeview (while alarming guard at the gate by casting the conjuration)
- Built Lakeview’s shrine of Talos, down to just shrine of Arkay there
- Arvak’d to Heljarchen; hi Gregor! Also down to just shrine of Arkay there
- Arvak’d to Windstad; hi Valdimar! Made shrine of Zenithar there, down to just a shrine of Kynareth needed
- Snerk, mannequin upstairs duplicated the Shrouded Armor
- Arvak’d to Solitude to sell stuff
- Sold the extra amulets to Radiant Raiment, also got an amulet of Kynareth there
- Sold things to Beirand, Sayma, Angeline
- Did a little alchemy and enchanting at Proudspire
- Boinged to Windhelm to sell more things to Niranye, Aval, and Revyn
- Boinged to Riften and sold things to Bersi and Brand-Shei
- Saved at Honeyside for the night
This will be a super-short post because the vast majority of this session was just derping around Blackreach to find crimson nirnroot. Which, while still a challenge, is known territory to me now so I don’t need to go into it again here.
The one notable thing about the crimson nirnroot hunt this time is that, despite Delga not being Sneak-inclined, I did run the whole of the search while sneaking and while wearing the Shrouded Armor. This being one of those instances where I figure Delga clues in that discretion is the better part of valor!
Other than that, just a bunch of crafting and selling of stuff!
Ended this session close to leveling up to 60, so next session will be to take me over that marker. After that, probably going to head to Valthume since that Word Wall quest is pending.
And maybe I’ll pop by Markarth and see if I can get the thaneship there? Will have to see if I can do that automatically like I did several other locations post-war.
No screenshots this time.
Editing to add
- 11/20/2023: Added play date and session number markers.